March 11, 2011

Then something intense happens...

We all get caught up in our own lives don't we?  When something bad happens we get sad/upset/hurt/angry and sometimes we allow ourselves to wallow in that pain/anger etc.  Sometimes we allow ourselves to think that it's the worst thing ever etc.  I'm no exception to this rule, I get caught up in the silliest of things, I get all sad and hurt....then something intense happens, like the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and reality slaps me upside the head.  My problems seem so small because I can not even begin to fathom what the people of Japan are going through right now and will continue to go threw for years to come.  I try to remember to think outside of myself and my life events and remember that worse things are happening to others.  While I still believe my feelings are valid when I'm upset etc, thinking about other's situations allows me to keep some perspective in my life. 
Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I hope everyone around this globe is really thinking about what those people are having to deal with and offering up their prayers and help. Kit

    ReplyDelete