April 29, 2011

Happy Things

Well Peeps, you know me...when I'm fighting against the funk I post a list of happy things.  My funk is due to the impending funeral of V's Uncle and all that intails, I just can't shake a bit of anxiety so here I sit (at my work computer, LOL!) typing up a list of things that make me happy. 
Let's see what we can come up with.
  1. Sappy Country Songs.  Yep I listen to country!  It used to be my "go-to" music now it's more of an occasional thing.  Right now (literally) I'm listening to Miranda Lambert's "The House that Built Me"
  2. Colorful Highlighters.  I'm working on the most obnoxious project, the only thing about it that gives me any joy is marking it up with assorted highlighters as I mark off the finished portions.  And let's face it I'm a bit of a office supply nerd.
  3. Trashy Reality TV.  Aka "Pregnant in Heels" oh those women are train wrecks!  Last night V was watching a episode I had DVR'd, at one point he turned to me and said "I just fell in love with you all over again because you are nothing like anyone of these women."  I took that as a huge complement!
  4. Kind Words.  Let's face it, I'm up 30lbs and my body isn't what I've worked hard for it to be for so many years.  Not that it's a bad thing but you get so many unkind comments on your body when you are pregnant that you will unavoidably get down at some point.  I've been so blessed to have loved ones around me complement me throughout my pregnancy and remind me that I'm providing a great home for little guy and that I have not put on too much weight and I've maintained myself, yes in fact I still look cute! :)
  5. Coconut Lotions.  As I sit here it's lightly snowing outside, spring is no where in sight (in my eyes) BUT I can put on (and do several times a day) my coconut lotions and at least I can pretend it's spring and dare I say summery! :)
  6. Pearl Earrings.  I bought a pair of Fresh Water Pearl earrings at a jewelry party I went to about two months ago.  They are simple and oh so pretty, I just love them!
  7. May.  Next month, aka May, will be my last solid month of pregnancy and the last full month before I meet my son.  Holy Moly! And the month starts off with at least four solid days of my boss being out of town, wear jeans to work? I think I will! :)
Alright so seven things, I could do better but like I said I have that obnoxoius project that I need to work on, break time is o-v-e-r.  Have a lovely weekend Blog Peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I saw your comment about the low-VOC paint on my blog. We ended up getting that and so far so good. Totally worth not having a house that smells of paint!

    ReplyDelete