April 28, 2011

April Showers

April showers bring May flowers, right?  I sure hope so, in more ways than one.  April has been rough, I feel like I've been on a emotional roller coaster, one that would be rough without pregnancy hormones!  There has been so much sadness in the last 3 weeks, it's kinda hard to wrap my head around.  It even fogs the good news.  Fear not dear readers I'm not slipping into depression, just being real about the state of things around me.
This weekend V and I (and the belly) will venture two states over for V's uncle's funeral.  Not fun.  V's family is huge, as I've mentioned before, so there are still people I've yet to meet (I think this will be a constant state of our marriage).  This is not how I want to meet more family.  It's going to be a whorl-wind weekend with little time for extra sleep and naps, you gotta know by now how that makes me feel.  But I'll do this for V, it's what a good wife does.  She sucks it up and supports her husband and family no matter the cost to herself.
My heart is heavy for V's family, how do you even begin to process the fourth loss in ~2 months?  They have got to be numb.  I'll be there for them as much as I can but these situations are so complex and I never feel like I have the right words so I offer abundant hugs hoping that brings any sense of comfort.
So that is where I sit, literally and figuratively.  It's raining outside which is rather fitting.  I know a couple of my readers are going through some rough stuff too, I'm praying for you guys and hoping that April showers bring us all May flowers in more ways than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment