February 24, 2011

Two Dozen Weeks

  • Weighty Issues: I'm up 21 lbs total.  I had a big gain at my last appt.  I'm still not too worried about it, baby is growing and needs resources.  I'm making healthy choices and if I remain on track (projected to be one lb per week from here on out) I'll only gain 37lbs total which is only a hair above the standard for a health weight gain.
  • Stretch Marks: Welp a new one on my right breast just appeared, for a total of two on the right, the left still hasn't changed into what I would consider an official one....yet.
  • Sleep: Has been difficult lately but for reasons outside my pregnancy.  This weekend will be busy but I'm hoping to get a few naps in.
  • Best Moment this week: He's been extra active, the reassurance has been amazing!  I woke up the other morning and just laid there with my left hand on my belly feeling him moving about, I was trying to figure out if I thought it was his head or butt when the alarm went off and he stopped moving, darn!
  • Food: I'm trying hard to make sure my diet is diverse since baby's taste buds are developing (I have no idea if he can actually taste the things I'm eating though, lol).  I'm especially loving vanilla yogurt and granola :)
  • Clothes: Maternity, period.  I don't even attempt to put on items from pre-pregnancy anymore, I'd rather be comfy.  I don't have a huge selection to choose from so I'll probably have to get a few spring items, if spring EVER comes to the Rockies.
  • Labor signs: God forbid! Unfortunately I had my first Braxton Hicks contractions last week, hopefully I never have more!
  • Belly Button: V and I were lounging on the sofa the other night and I had my shirt pulled up to watch baby's kicks, V made me laugh and pointed out with each laugh my belly button comes out of it's hole, WEIRD!
  • What I miss: Nothing is worth missing.
  • What I’m looking forward too: I've decided to stop looking forward and just enjoy where I am, happily pregnant.
  • Weekly Wisdom: I'm sticking with my favorite "everyday is a miracle, treat it that way!"  this is especially true this week.
  • Weekly WTF: Meh, nothing worth getting my panties in a knot....that would just be uncomfortable!
  • Nesting: It's begun! I scrubbed the shower, kitchen counters, swept, mopped, dusted, cooked dinner and moved a bunch (of light stuff) to the basement....oh yeah did I mention this was the other night after work?
  • Milestones: Viability, should (GOD FORBID) baby be born this week his lungs would be developed enough for him to have a 50/50 chance of survival.
For more on the development of a 24 week baby go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment