December 1, 2010

Winter

Have I mentioned lately it's winter here?  I'm talking real winter, with standing snow on the ground, maybe 5 inches and below freezing temps.  I know some places don't get all the seasons and for those people I am deeply sad.  I totally complain about winter but I wouldn't have it any other way.   Even with all the bad drivers and the people who are terrified to drive in the snow and thus drive 10 miles an hour, even then I still love each season, even winter.   I grew up in a town about an hour away with a higher elevation and we got WAY more snow so I can totally drive in it, so if you go 10mph I'll just pass you!

I love all the seasons and how they bring something new and fresh to the world.  I know it's cheesy but true.  This winter feels particularly special and exciting, I'm more excited about the Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) than I have been in a long time, and I'm usually pretty excited.  Although I've had no time to decorate just yet, hopefully this weekend I'll have a two hour burst of energy to get some things up and have our little house feeling more festive!  V and I have gotten real trees every year since we were dating, at the very least that would be the last 5 years and even during my childhood I've never had a fake tree.....this year V wants to move to fake and I'm just not ready.  I LOVE the smell of a real tree and can't imagine not having one (until babe is a toddler and a fake tree is more stable). 

Here is a picture, I stole from google, it's of the University in my town, all covered in snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment