December 27, 2010

Christ-mas

Whew we finally made it!  All the hassle and bustle is over (and shopping thank the Lord).  After Church on Christmas Eve V and I finally got to spend some quality time with family and it was so needed.  Even though 90% of V's family lives here, somehow we don't find the time to see the extended family until the holidays.  This year was rare because one of V's aunts and her family were in from out of state.  It was nice to get to know them a bit better.  We had a lovely dinner at V's Grandparents (on V's dads side of the family), did gifts and just hung out.  The next morning V and I exchanged gifts, he's so good to me, he always buys me the things I would never buy for myself yet drool over.  Then we headed out to V's parents house to exchange gifts with them and hang out before heading to another Aunt & Uncles house (this time on mom-in-laws side) to see that side of the family.  Again a lovely meal and time where had.  Before we knew it though it was time to return home and rest the belly. 

V's family is amazing on many levels but one thing that struck me this year is the life length.  What I mean by that is that many of his grandparents and great aunts and uncles are still alive well into their eighties and beyond.  I find this impressive even though I'm not sure why.  It's a neat feeling to know with a fair certainty that V's grandparents will be around to not only see our child be born but to spend time with him/her, heck they will probably want to watch the little one and they are all so healthy and active and frankly "with-it" I'd happily let them.

It feels like with each passing day of my pregnancy I learn more about what real family is and what it really means.  Family is amazing and so special, it's still kinda hard to believe that soon V and I will have our own little family.  I can't wait!

I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas and found extra time for some family you don't get to see very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment