November 30, 2010

12 weeks, hard to believe......

How far along; 12 weeks, is it odd that I'm still surprised I'm pregnant?!

  •  Weighty Issues:  Well... had a dr appt yesterday, got weighed...I've gained 7 lbs, yikes, over the recommended 3-5 for the first trimester....but in all honestly all I could stomach for weeks was bread sticks, bagels and such.  My nurse and dr didn't seem to notice let alone be concerned, so I'm just going to continue eating as healthy as I can and accepting the lbs as they come. 
  • Stretch Marks: None yet, I really need to start using my belly cream!!
  • Sleep: I can't get enough sleep, however I've been waking up at 4am wide awake. Super fun......NOT
  • Best Moment this week: Oh boy, well after a spotting scare over the weekend I have to say hearing the heart beat yesterday, I was scared sh!t-le$$.  Praise God babe is still growing away! 
  • Movement: negatory thus far, hopefully in a few more weeks! 
  • Food Commentary:It's still up and down, I was able to eat on Thanksgiving but have had several days lately where I need two magic pills (I'm allowed up to 3/day).  My dr says two more weeks and I'll be a "new woman"  Here's hoping! 
  • Labor Signs: God Forbid! it's far far far too early for that business!!!! I don't plan on changing this one until at least 36+ weeks.
  • Belly Button In or Out: So far still in, V is STILL obsessed with it, he rubs it, looks at it, talks to the babe through it.  Odd, very odd honey.
  • What I miss: Energy and being able to go to the grocery store and/or cook dinner without gagging.  But I don't miss anything enough to trade it for my babe. 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Everything....and feeling better soon (hopefully)
  • Weekly Wisdom: If the dr on call is mean or rude to you call them out on it.  (yes this happened to me, I was spotting on Friday and scared (but calm, cool and collected until she was super unkind to me).  I didn't call her out and I should have.  I did tell my dr about it today though
  • Weekly WTF: WTF rude dr, if you don't want to deal with scared pregnant ladies you should have decided to work in the morgue!  Jerk. 
  • Nesting: Um I'd love to start nesting, if only I had the energy.  Right now I have two hour bursts and then I'm useless. I'm dying to order a crib!
  • Milestones: My dr was able to easily find the heart beat yesterday on the hand held doppler.  He said "yep, nice and normal."  Whew, felt like a giant leap!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment