December 16, 2010

Hello Second Trimester, I love you (survey)

  • How far along; 14 weeks 2 days
  • Weighty Issues: up one lb for a total of eight gained.
  • Stretch Marks: No official one yet.
  • Sleep: need....more....sleep!!!
  • Best Moment this week: After being scared sideways due to two days of spotting and increasing pain in my left ovary area I got to see my child on Tuesday. He/she looks like a real baby and I got to see him/her wiggling!!  (maybe it was nap time, he/she would kick a little or swat like the ultrasound wand was bugging him/her!  sssoooo cute!)
  • Food Commentary: Cravings are much less intense, aversions are holding strong.  I have been able to introduce more fruits and veggies back into my diet....slowly :)  Although I did throw up for the first time the other night, let's hope that was a fluke :)
  • Maternity Clothes: I can still wear non-maternity shirts but most of my pre-pregnancy pants don't fit.  Someday the maternity work slacks I ordered online will arrive and I'll be much more comfortable.  (yes you sense annoyance in my voice, I ordered them well over two weeks ago, grrrr!) 
  • Labor Signs: God Forbid! it's far far far too early for that business!!!! I don't plan on changing this one until at least 36+ weeks.
  • Belly Button In or Out: Still in, I noticed today I can peak inside it much more easily....weird.
  • What I miss: Working out.  My Dr says I can but with the spotting I've had over the last three weeks I'm hesitant.  I'm considering trying a local prenatal place, gulp. 
  • What I'm looking forward to: Everything, I'm ready to buy the crib and bedding and pick out names! 
  • Weekly Wisdom: Sleep more!
  • Weekly WTF: When in doubt call your Dr.  They are the only one qualified to tell you if your worrying over nothing, and if you are really scared ask for reassurance (such as having the heart beat checked or an ultrasound).  As my Dr said yesterday; "Call and come in, it takes us 33 seconds to check on the baby and make sure everything is fine." 
  • Nesting: I'm so ready to nest!
  • Milestones: Everyday feels like a victory and thus a milestone.  Oh and I read this morning I'm in the second trimester!  Wahoo! 

 For more developmental info on a 14 week baby click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment