July 1, 2011

Hello July

Wow, July already!  I can't believe I've been a mom for 17 days, honestly it feels like he's always been here, always been part of "us", and perhaps he has...he existed in my heart and soul long before he existed in my belly (uterus).
Liam is an amazing baby, truly he is.  He's sweet and snuggly and only cries when something is wrong.  I still can't tell which cry is for what but luckily there are only 3 or 4 things that he cries over so it doesn't take long to figure it out.  He's even sleeping for 3 hour stretches 2-3 times each night which is bliss!  We are so in love with this little guy, it really redefines love...my love for my husband, my understanding of the love of my savior, love in every way....pretty incredible!
The weather is warming up, finally though that means the flood warnings etc will continue as the snow pack in the mountains finally melts. But at least it allows Liam and I to get out and go on some short walks. You have no idea how the simplest outing lifts your soul, it's darn near impossible (and overwhelming) to leave the house with a newborn alone...trust me I did it yesterday, it was crazy and exhausting even though Liam did amazing!  I have a new respect for single parents, I have no idea how they do it!

I can't believe I'm through two weeks of my maternity leave, it's going to go by far too fast.  I wish it were an option for me to stay home with Liam but unfortunately it's not.  The primary reason is we have great insurance through my work, V has the option for insurance but it would be over three times the cost of mine.  We are far better off with me returning to work and we are blessed to have a family friend who will watch Liam three days a week for almost free.  He'll be loved and cared for by some one we deeply trust and that is priceless, it's as close to me staying home as we could possibly get and I'm forever grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment