July 22, 2011

My New Body (part two)

First off I'd like to say I feel like a jerk, donkey....total jack ass.  I remember the days of hearing women complain about their baby weight and I thought to myself (and told them) I'd gladly accept their additional pounds to be pregnant.  I hate that I'm the one whining now....but I'm just being honest.  This new body is just so different and strange.

I will say I feel much better today, I dropped Liam off with Grandma and Grandpa and headed to the gym.  I only did a half hour on the elliptical but it was glorious!  Towards the end of my workout I could see two young boys (maybe 6) play fighting outside in the grass (my gym is in a fairly residential area) and it occurred to me that one day that would be Liam, he'd be happy and healthy and play fight with another little boy.  I have to remember to stop and have these moments and stay focused on the things that are truly important in life.  I wouldn't trade Liam for anything, not even my "old" body.  And let's face it my body will never be 100% the same and that is ok.

Now I'm off to eat my salad, shower and pump so I can get my little man! <3  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment