May 26, 2011

Unsatisfied and Seeking [Career] Passion

So, I have to be totally honest about something...
Getting pregnant and expecting a child has caused a shift in my brain, a big one.  I haven't been satisfied with my job choices for a while but it's become way more real now that I'm supposed to be a role model to someone.  I went to college, putting myself through for 5 years and have a Marketing degree but it's not my passion (I do love it but can not make a living doing it where we live).  I have a passion that burns in my heart yet I go to a job everyday that I like (sometimes) but certainly don't love.  I know several people who have jobs they love and it's amazing to me, and it's sad to me how many of us just go to jobs we don't like or worse...hate.

I want to do something that will make me truly happy and make my son proud of me.  I know what I want to do, and V  happily supports me but taking that step is so hard!  I don't want to go back to school....the passion in my heart conflicts with not wanting more student loan debt.  I'm trying to wrap my head around how to pursue this passion, while adding little or ideally no additional debt to our lives.

Anyone else going through the same thing?  Any advice out there?

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you persue what makes you happy and excited. Love you chick!

    ReplyDelete