November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

As with all holidays we spent Thanksgiving with V's family, we went to mom and dad-in-laws house and mom-in-laws siblings, their children and grandchildren came over.  All-in-all there were about 30 of us.  Most of us were assigned a side dish to bring so mom-in-law didn't have to do it all and dinner turned out amazing!

We hadn't seen most of the extended family yet since announcing our pregnancy so it was really great to see them.  Each person came up to us to congratulate us and show how very excited for us.  My heart fills with warmth just thinking about it.  One of V's cousin's wives even complimented me "your 3 months and not even showing! I wanted to see a belly!!!"  Makes me smile since I pretty much always feel "bloated" these days. 

It was so great to see everyone!  V's family is so wonderful and loving, it's amazing to be part of them, I can't wait for my babe to be here with us!

This morning I slept in until 9am then V and I went shopping.  I got another pair of maternity jeans at Old Navy for $15 and a shirt for $10.  We also picked up a gift for V's parents.  Then V decided he wanted to look at TV's for his man cave in the basement, thankfully we didn't see anything that was that great of a deal so we got to come home after only spending $50!  Wahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment