November 22, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude: Day One

I heard something on the radio today and it really struck me, the DJ said "Why is it that we choose to be most thankful during the month of November? And not all year around?  After all we have things to be thankful for all 365 days of the year." I'm sure I've heard it before but it hit me today.  I could really be more thankful in life.  So I'm going to try and post a Attitude of Gratitude post everyday this week.  Today being day one.

Today I am thankful for food.  I know that sounds silly but so many don't have enough to eat everyday.  Today I left work, drove across town in my new(ish) safe and reliable car to the grocery store, picked out healthy items that sounded good and returned home.  It never once crossed my mind "can we afford this? should we wait?  when will we eat again?"  This is not the case for so many not only around the world but in all of our communities.  So I choose and Attitude of Gratitude and a commitment to donate assist those in need.

So, tell me, what are what is your Attitude of Gratitude about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment