March 31, 2010

The Rock & Worship Roadshow 2010



Last weekend my dearest girl friend, E., and I escaped town for a night to catch the "Rock & Worship Roadshow". I was so excited, although neither of us had attended before it couldn't be beat with performances by: Sidewalk Prophets, Remedy Drive, Fee, Family Force Five, Francesca Battistelli, David Crowder Band and Mercy Me....all for $10, yes ten dollars!

So Sunday afternoon E. and I got in the car and headed West for 3 hours to an earlier time zone. The drive over was uneventful, just two close girlfriends chatting away. I must say I do love to get away, perhaps distance really does make the heart grow fonder? We pulled into town and found our hotel, no thanks to google maps! After a short clean up period we headed off to find our venue since neither of us were super familiar with the much larger city we were in. Thank goodness we did! We got lost in the pouring rain for an hour due to very poor google maps directions (you've failed me for the last time google maps!) and ended up having to call E.'s sweet boyfriend (who thankfully knew the area and was in front of a computer!) and he directed us to our venue. You reached a whole new level in my book boyfriend of E.! So E. and I quickly forced some tacos in our tummies, parked and then stood in the rain for about 30 minutes before the concert. At least the crazy long line moved really quickly and after a little mishap at the door, you would think they would tell if it was "cash only" we managed to get in and quickly find seats. The concert was great! All of the bands were wonderful! I'm a big Mercy Me fan and really enjoyed their performance although Bart Millard's voice was going out, poor guy, I was utterly surprised he sang as much as he did! In a close second was Francesca Battistelli, it was my first time seeing her and I thought she was great! After about 3 1/2 hours of great music I purchased a CD and shirt and we headed back to our hotel for some rest.

The next morning E. and I headed back into the city and did a little shopping and much more window shopping. We had a lovely lunch and got caught unexpectedly in a down pour while walking downtown, we just laughed and ran! What else could we do?! It was great fun, each of us purchased a item or two and by late afternoon we decided that our men likely missed us sufficiently and we should head the 3 hours home (and loose an hour via time zone change). Unfortunately the rain came with us, it rained/poured/drizzled the whole way home, fortunately though almost the entire trip was uneventful and we arrived home safe and sound by early evening.

It was a fun little get-a-way which made this week joyfully shorter. I'm thankful for the best friend I have in E. She really makes this world a little easier to live in, she is sweet, kind, honest and gentle with her honesty/views etc, she easily possesses many great qualities and is a catch for anyone she befriends and/or loves. I thank God for her and the gift that she is in my life, I'm surely a better person for knowing her. I hope I am able to return at least some of what she has brought to my life and look forward to a lifelong friendship with her. Much love to you dear E.!

No comments:

Post a Comment