March 9, 2010

Looking Forward and Forward only


I will only look forward, emotionally at least. This month V. and I will celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe it's been that long, it feels much longer but only in the nicest of ways. He's been so intertwined in my life for so long I hardly remember what it was like before him. I love him so much, I'm so happy to grow with him and experience this journey together! I feel so lucky!

When I met V. I was 22, next month I will be 27! It's hard to believe! I'm not one of those people who freaks out over my age, after all there is no way to change it so why fret? Seriously, freaking out and acting immature will make me no younger, if anything that stress may make me appear older LOL! I'm happy where I am in my life and very much looking forward to all the journey of life has in store for V. and I.

Also next month V. and I are taking a trip, a all expense paid trip that I won through my work. I may not have the most glamorous of jobs but it pays the bills, I work hard and clearly I'm appreciated by my colleagues. I can't wait for this trip! It will be the first time V. and I have flown together, we'll get to stay somewhere beautiful, experience fun activities and relax all expense paid for about 5 days!!!

Last but not least we are both healthy, and able to enjoy an active life together. I'm so thankful, so very VERY thankful for that blessing. I know my poor hubby lives with what I can only described as chronic pain and I can not even begin to imagine what that is like....but we are still able to go about our lives fairly normally. We know so many people who are seriously ill, who have children who are seriously ill or struggle with issues that break my heart. And death, I experienced my first real loss last year. I don't wish that on anyone ever, in any way, death is beyond hard to deal with and just when you think you are ok it slaps you again.

So I will only look forward! I will spend my days accepting where I (we) have been and looking to the future to embrace what is next. I will not worry about yesterday and the bumpy road behind me (us). Yesterday is unalterable and thus should nay must be left in the rear view mirror. I will be thankful and joyful for today and all that we have to look forward to in the journey still ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I like your attitude!I am excited for you and V's Anniversary and also that big trip! I wish you so much fun on both occassions!

    Stay positive about everything else and enjoy your beautiful journey onward together! I'm glad to be a part of your lovely life adventure too! :)

    ReplyDelete