July 2, 2010

Friday Ramblings




Good Morning!

I'm so excited it's Friday, and I can bet you V is as well....because Flo has left the building! Yippee! I am SO excited for this cycle, my hope it higher than ever! My hope over-flowith (is that a word?)

In addition it's one of my favorites times of the year, celebrating Independence Day!! July 4th has always been a big deal, the town where I grew up in always made a BIG deal of it. While the city V and I live in now doesn't to it up quite the same it's still a wonderful time. What a cool thing to celebrate, think how different our lives could be with out that fateful day in 1776, seriously ponder it for a moment, I'll wait. Had we never fought for and won our freedom from Great Britain ::shivers:: Anyway, there is so much going on, so many different BBQ's planned and other gatherings....I'm not certain which V and I will attend, is that horrible? I think we are those people who don't RSVP and then show up, whoops! For what it's worth I'm a huge planner and typically would be all over an RSVP and plans but I feel for this weekend I feel the need to be more....free of the restrictions of concrete plans.

On Saturday V wants to go sapphire mining, he really loves it, he's a rock hound (if you want to know what that means click here: Rock Hound Info )I will admit sapphire mining has grown on me, although it can be pricey and if you aren't careful you will end up sun burned (or if you are light skinned as I am you end up THIS color, no matter how hard you try). V wants to have a piece of jewelry made for me with some of the larger stones we've found, maybe someday. If we go I promise to take pics for you. He's taken me on some fun little adventures as I learn more about his rock hounding, some are more fun than others but I figure if it's interesting enough that he loves it I can find some interest in it as well, as his spouse I think that is one of my responsibilities.

One last ramble before I bid you fair well for the weekend. That interview I had this week went really well, in fact I was offered the job essentially on the spot....however it's a decent pay cut. While I am not the breadwinner in our home my income is important and we are having a difficult time accepting a cut of over 10%. I'm waiting to see what our health benifits would be with the job change (and if we'd have to put trying for a baby on hold until benifits kick in, very stressful!) If you pray and wouldn't mind could you think of us? I would love to have a less stressful job that is more stable with opportunity for growth, I just feel so conflicted if I should jump at this offer or wait it out. Thank you in advance. While we are on the topic if you EVER need prayers please feel free to reach out to me, I'd love to pray for you!

Have a safe and Happy Independence Day/Weekend Celebration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment