July 27, 2010

I QUIT!

I just quit my job, it is hard to believe it even happened. I sat in front of my boss, a man I deeply respect and consider a friend, all teary-eyed, I didn't know how to start or what to say. I had pre-written my resignation letter, it was a formality I knew I would have to do. I took a deep breath and said "I'm holding my letter of resignation." and cried, not the most professonal thing I've ever done but it is what it is, my emotions where real and raw and I cried. I was so unsure how he would react, he half smilled and said, "I understand." Continuing to let tears run down my face I said "I just can't do this anymore, I can't come here everyday wondering if any of us have a job or who will yell at me for doing my job. I can't handle the stress of a sinking ship. I know I can't grow here. I am so sorry. I love working for you, I am not quitting because of your leadership but I just can't do this anymore. I can't work here trying to get pregnant, nor can I imagine handling this stress if I were pregnant. I just can't do it anymore. He reponded again "I understand, please tell me you have something lined up?" me "Yes I do, it's a little pay cut but more chance for further growth." And he smiled proudly, "I won't ask you to stay, I won't offer you anything to stay, I can't do that to you, I am happy for you." *whew*

Like I've said before I'm sad to no longer work for my boss but this really is for the best, I feel like 1000 lbs have been lifted off me. This is a step in the right direction. I will not burn any bridges although part of me would have loved to show up in this first thing this morning:


No comments:

Post a Comment