February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day



I think it's fair to say that in my dating days I experienced the full range of Valentine's Days. I got roses delivered to me across the country, I got dumped, I've been surprised and I've been alone. They all pale in comparison to the Valentine's Days I've had with my husband!

I recall the first Valentine's Day we had, it must have been 2006 and we were kinda dating (a story for another day). I lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment while finishing college, I awoke early to prepare for classes and whatnot. Living in the Northwest it was a priority to start my car before driving to campus, I opened my front door and there was a very pretty little package. The first thought in my head "oh someone got the wrong door, sad." I laugh now, but then V. and I weren't official so I was honestly not expecting anything. Then it occurred to me to check the card, just in case. IT WAS FOR ME!!! Even now I tear up! V. proclaimed his "like" for me and told me that he needed to take things slowly but he cared for me, as more than just friends. *swoon* I still have the pretty brown box, candles and card....he also got me potpourri but 4 years later it was no longer pretty or pretty smelling.

Flash to 2010! On Feb 12Th I surprised V. with a living room picnic (I stopped and got yummy pizza, salad and root beers and candle sticks on my way home) and we watched the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. He loved it! We arranged our weekend so we could spend the 14Th just us, being lazy or whatever hit our fancy. We slept in, ate a yummy breakfast and exchanged cards. Poor V.!!! He got me the exact same card as last year, which might have been less funny if I didn't keep all my cards from him. We both had quite the giggle. For the most part we stayed home and just lounged, napped, watched the Olympics and played with our dogger. It was quiet the reality check when the alarm went off today, but our Valentine's Day was perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment