February 11, 2010

An Additional Piece of Sanity

Yesterday I caved and called my doctor and got a call back from her assistant, we'll call her K. (I just realized I will eventually run out of letters...hmmm....anyway). I started to become concerned that I had such a light period, and I don't think I'm going to be one of those lucky 28 day cycle girls. I'm not "stressing" over this whole thing, it's just that it's new and I don't know what to expect from my body. I was 16 when I had my last period that was not brought on by birth control. That was a decade ago! And I have no reference point of what my bioogical mothers cycles were like since we haven't spoken in over a decade. (That is a story for another time.)
So I called and left a message for K. She, by the way, is so very sweet and my age which is nice. Every time I talk to her I feel like I am talking to an old girl friend, which makes my appointments and questions so much more comfortable. I am thankful for her! She called me back promptly and answered my questions thoroughly and was very reassuring. I love that she reminded me that stressing out will not help me get pregnant, this should be a fun experience. I feel much better and a little silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment