May 16, 2012

On Running/Marathon Training

13.1 Necklace,  Domino Tile Necklace ETSY
necklace here (etsy)

To be specific half marathon training.  So far so good!  I have worked my way up to 6 miles at a time, my all time best!  I am not fast by most people's standards, however considering I've had asthma for 20 years and had a baby 11 months ago I'll take it!  I average somewhere around 11-12 minute/mile, I can push myself to do a 10 minute/mile but it's a challenge and often have to walk after a few miles but I love it regardless.  It's fair to say I'm addicted to running, absolutely happily addicted.  It helps that I live in a beautiful city with a variety of places to run including a wonderful path that twists and turns along the river which is my very favorite to run.  I can literally step out of my office, do 3-4 miles along the river and be back in 40-50 minutes. I can leave our home and run through our downtown (about ~3.5 miles) and get home in the same amount of time.


My body is changing as a result of my new hobby too!  My legs a tone and my tummy is much less jiggly that last summer (thank God!).  I can feel my lungs getting stronger and see obvious growth in my endurance with each run.  Not to mention the clarity it brings me, during my runs I set my mind free to run where ever she pleases.....sometimes that is no where at all, there is a rare silence about my mind which is a breath of fresh air.  During my runs I feel much more like Jen and less like Bosslady's assistant/V's wife/Liam's mom...which is not to say that these titles aren't important but it's nice to just be Jen for a bit.

Last week I officially registered for my first [half] marathon, not cheap at $60 but well worth it to me!  I get a little sweaty and nervous when I think about doing 13.1 miles all at once but then I get crazy excited.....I'm on my way to checking it off my bucket list!

Much Love,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Nice posts, thanks for sharing this to us. Great marathon training. Congratulations to all the participants for a great job well done.

    ReplyDelete