December 1, 2011

Parenting Well

Being a mother is the most  complex, most time-consuming and by far the most wonderful thing I have yet to do, or will ever do, in my lifetime.  As long as at the end of my life Liam tells me I have been a good Mom to him I will have lived a life worth while.  Being his mom is the most import thing I will ever do and it's so important to be to do it well.

Not to toot my own horn too much but in a lot of ways it comes naturally to me, it's easy for me to research topics and come to an informed decision and stick with it.  I don't question myself often nor do I regret any choices I've made (such as to work, use disposable diapers or stop breastfeeding at 3 months instead of 6).  Liam is clearly happy and healthy, this is all that matters.

 I've stood my ground on a few topics for the most part I've gotten nothing but support.  In fact I think the only person who questions me is V, but he questions me on everything...it's rather annoying, especially because he rarely researches anything relying solely on what some guy told him.  Not that V ever wants to follow some random thing he's been told but he usually brings it up, he typically agrees with whatever I've decided on.  (I always approaching him with a "what do you think" attitude,  he's just not set on any one way, when one is important to me he simply follows along). 

Liam may very well be the only child I ever get to have and I will do whatever it takes to do what is best for him no matter the effort it requires, such as making his food.  I can't wait to start making him some "solids" (more like mush) this weekend!  I purchased some organic asparagus, sweet potatoes, peas and carrots!  Pictures to come.

I so enjoy being a parent and being Liam's mom, it's the most distinguished title I will ever hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment