December 30, 2011

An Incredible Year




I can hardly believe it's time to close the book on 2011.  You know when you read a really good book and you don't want it to end, you sit there almost lingering before you actually shut the cover, well that is how I feel.  I want to linger here in this [emotional] place just a moment longer. 

This time last year we had finally turned a corner in my pregnancy, for a while all was well and I finally felt safe (until 32 weeks when my swelling was out of control and fear crept back in).  In January we announced we were having a boy, in the months that followed we prepared his room, took a birthing class, had two baby showers...the list goes on and on....it was a wonderful year, so full of joy!  Yes there were hard times, between February and April V's family lost four members...I still can't wrap my head around that whole thing.  There were international disasters (remember the tsunami in Japan, seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it?).  No year is perfect but I have wrapped 2011 in a emotional bow in which I will always fondly remember it as the year I became Liam's Momma.

I feel like everything has changed but at the same time nothing has changed, I can no longer recall what life was like before Liam and honestly I don't want to.  Oh it all sounds so cliche' but it's true.  Liam is really the light of my life, nothing comes before him (judge me if you will for that, I've been told my husband should come first and no he does not, I hope I am secondary to Liam in V's heart).  I always knew I would love my child but I didn't fully understand what that meant until he was in my arms....and I struggle to vocalize my love for him, I'd lay down my life in a moment for him.  I say it a lot but nothing in my life will be as important as being his Mom, nothing.

Thank you God for 2011 and the gift of this child, I feel like I have a much clearer understanding of your love for me now that I have Liam.  I can't want to see how he grows in 2012, it's going to be such a fun year!


Happy New Year to you and yours!

Much Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment