April 8, 2010

Ode to V.

I love V. Clearly right? I mean after all I married him, we've been together since 2005 roughly, wow 5 years, wow! He is my best friend and such a good man! So this post is dedicated to him, the love of my life.

V. and I were introduced by his mom at church, for the first time in my life I was unable to speak in front of a man. V. is very attractive to me but he's not a model, just a normal every day handsome man. He asked me, in a genuine way, if I was a personal trainer....I was in really good shape. I still remember what both of us were wearing but not what the sermon was about, whoops!

I gave him my number, but I ended up calling him (which I typically would not do, call a guy that is). We went to a park and walked around and chatted (me more than him, he's rather shy). We were both about a year out of rough relationships and just looking for friends. In fact a few weeks later he told me he wouldn't date me because he is 9 years old than I am. At the time I was fine with it. Little did I know we would be virtually inseparable from that time on. I love the way our relationship grew, it was so natural. We were friends, then best friends and now we are married best friends.

V. is one of the kindest men I have ever known! He would honestly do anything for anyone. He has a tender and compassionate heart for others and animals. He is shy which is cute. He's athletic and enjoys the outdoors. He loves "manly" things like hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, football, baseball and paintball. I'm lucky enough to also enjoy the hiking and camping the others....meh. V. accepts me wholeheartedly for who I am, all the things I've been through who make me..well me. He deals with my baggage with a soft touch, and is there to grow with me while I am still learning how to deal with new experiences etc. He is really funny and always makes me laugh even when I want to be crabby! No he is not always "perfect" but he tries really hard to work on our relationship together and makes an effort to care about the things I care about. He apologizes when he's wrong, most of the time and deals with me when I'm being irrational (which almost never happens *wink*).

I thought the day he proposed to me was the best day of my life, then I thought the day we married was, then I thought after we made it through some rough stuff was but really each day with V. is one of the best of my life, yes even when we fight/agrue/yell/cry at or to each other. Because he's my soul mate and I'm lucky to have him any day!

All in all V. is an incredible man and I'm blessed to be married to him. I used to tease him before we got engaged that he should get the move on because God promised me 45 years with him (which would make V. 79 on our 45th anniversary). I'm really looking forward to the next 43 years and all that God has planned for us!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment