June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day!!!!


This could possibly be my favorite holiday ever, ok after Thanksgiving!


Some background on my life as a runner; In Sept of '11 I was diagnosed with an Autoimmune Disease called ITP. I also had a three month old baby boy, to say I was stressed out would be taking it all very lightly. After not dealing with the stress very well for a few months I started running, slowly (half because I've had Asthma my entire life half because it was Feb. in MT=snowy). Slowly I started to feel some control over my health again, also the last bit of my baby weight came off....plus some. I had more energy and much needed me time, needless to say my husband was a huge supporter! In July of last year I did my first Half Marathon, it was slow going but I did it!

Today I run as often as possible which adds up to about three times a week. I run races as often as I find an interesting one. :) Running sets me free, whatever stress I have I can think through, pray through or simply listen to music of the pounding of my feet on the ground. It's heaven, it's still my "me-time".

I already did a lunch time hike with a co-worker and new friend today but I'm planning to get a few miles in tonight once my day at the 'ol 9-5 is over and done (1.5hrs!). I mean I have to celebrate the holiday! Perhaps I'll even attempt a run with Liam in the jogger....ek!

This is one of my all time favorite paths to run in my fine city, the picture is not mine but off of Google Images.

 

Who else is with me?

Much Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment