March 14, 2012

I'm becoming a Runner {Bucket List}

Hey Peeps,
Just sneaking on my work computer so you all don't think I've died!  Shhhh don't tell the bosslady!  My computer should be repaired in a few more days, husband is no longer allowed to touch!


So, little known fact: running a marathon has been on my bucket list for a while.  Last year I watched bosslady train and accomplish checking it off her bucket list, it was incredible to see her transformation!  Considering I just (9 months ago) had a baby I feel like I'm in great shape so I figured, Why not this summer?  There are various 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathons and marathons in my area....I could surely accomplish this, right?  Well at least I could try!

On Saturday we had glorious weather, it was the perfect weather to be outside!  Sunday it got chilly but I tried my hardest, Monday I did cross training and last night I went "running" again.  I won't lie to you, it's hard and I'm not doing at well as I would like but I've had asthma for 20 years and it's cold out, I'm doing my best!  Husband has been pretty supportive, with the daylight savings change Liam is asleep before it's dark out so I pretty much hit the pavement immediately after Liam is asleep.  So far I've been able to make the time to train.  I know it's going to get more difficult fitting it in ~5 times a week, especially as the mileage increases and it takes me longer....but I so look forward to it!  Even though it's hard, it's cold and I've already put in a long day at work etc...it's just the little "me" time I need, and the sense of accomplishment (not to mention the endorphins!)...it just feels so great, even when I can't run as far as I want.  I caught myself actually bummed that I have a rest day on Friday (yes rest is necessary!)...and that made me smile, that while I am still in the beginning stages I already look forward to my runs....I'm becoming a runner, something I've always wanted to be!
As always, Thanks Google Images

So just a fun little story for you all on a Wednesday afternoon.  Hopefully I'll be back on my own computer soon.....

Much Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment